I'm down to the nitty gritty in my fridge which means I am getting really creative. Although, the best thing to do when you think you have absolutely nothing to eat is to make soup. So few ingredients are needed to really make something super flavorful & satisfying.

Here are the ingredients needed for this dish:

ingredients for soup

Start by chopping up your onion, carrots, celery & garlic. I always find it easier to cook when you have everything prepped and ready to go. Heat up a large pot to medium heat and saute your onions for a few minutes.

sautee onions

Then add your carrots, celery & garlic.

add carrots etc

Cook for about 4 minutes then add 1 - 2 teaspoons of red curry paste. (depending on how hot you like it), 1 teaspoon of ground ginger & 4 cups of broth. It's up to you on what type you'd like to use...either chicken or vegetable broth work here.

bring to boil

Now bring this to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook until the carrots are tender. (The timing will depend on how small you chopped your carrots.)

simmer soup

While the soup is cooking I like to make home made croutons to add as a garnish. Start by cutting up some bread into cubes.

cube & season breat

Season with a drizzle of olive oil, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Move them to a baking sheet and bake at 350ยบ for about 10 minutes.

place croutons

Keep an eye on them so they don't burn, and be sure to stir them up a bit so that all the edges get nice & golden brown.

golden brown

These make such a nice snack as you're waiting....

finished croutons

Once the carrots are cooked your soup is ready. I like to puree my soup a bit to smooth out the texture, but not so much that its paste. I use my stick blender for this step.

use hand blender

Taste for seasoning and add anything you might need...salt or maybe some butter? :)
Serve and top with the crunchy croutons. I also topped it with some chives & a drizzle of olive oil.

carrot soup

This is one of the simplest & quickest meals you can make. Its also quite healthy too! Enjoy!

cheers!
xo diane
email me for the recipe card: thepantrychallenge@gmail.com

1 comments:

Lisa Knorra said...

I absolutely love your pantry blog. Impressive array of cuisine as well.
How on earth do you find the time on top of doing Tasty Jewelry?
Kudos.
Lisa-the leather lady.

Post a Comment