This is a quickie recipe that I love to make when I want a quick side dish, a topping for some crusty bread or to put on top of pasta for a delicious meal. They take a bit of time to bake, but that leaves you time for a nice glass of wine...

Here are the basic ingredients used for this recipe:
Photobucket

Start by cutting the tomatoes in half and scoop out just the seeds. Lay out onto a foil lined baking sheet. (I made mine in the toaster oven, so my pan is very small.)

Photobucket

Finely chop a few cloves of garlic and sprinkle on top of the tomato halves.

Photobucket

Season with salt & pepper and drizzle with olive oil.

Photobucket

Now bake at 350ºF for about 30 - 40 minutes until the flesh gets soft and reduces in size. The flavors will concentrate and the tomatoes come out sweet and juicy.

Photobucket

Once they are ready, remove from oven and garnish with a chiffonade of fresh basil.

Photobucket

I put them on top of some capellini noodles & drizzled a bit more olive oil on top. Enjoy!

Photobucket

I hope you enjoy this dish. Let me know if you make it and what you think!

cheers!
xo diane
contact: thepantrychallenge@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment