Sorry for the delay of this recipe. I actually made this dish last Thursday night but with the upcoming events of my weekend, I just didn't get a chance to get it posted.

For this dish I used some of the ingredients that I had left over from the baked manicotti recipe and then added some vegetables and a frozen hamburger patty that I had.

ingredients for meatballs and penne

I start by getting the water heated for the pasta. While that is working you can get the meatballs & sauce going.

Since I used a frozen hamburger patty the meat had more moisture than regular ground beef. I decided to use bread crumbs to help keep the meatball together.

add bc and spices to meat

I prefer to make smaller meatballs since they cook quicker. These are approximately the size of a ping pong ball. I used one 1/4lb beef patty.

meatballs

Start by browning the meatballs with a few tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan. Make sure to get some good color on them to add more flavor.

brown the meatballs

While the meatballs are cooking, chop up the carrots and zucchini. Once the meatballs are ready add the vegetables in with the meat to start them cooking.

add vegetables

Cook the vegetables for a few minutes then add the pasta sauce. Cover and simmer for the time it takes the pasta to cook. This will vary by style of pasta that you decide to use, or how you like your pasta done. I prefer mine al dente.

add tomato sauce

Once the pasta is done add it to the sauce and toss. I used the last of the fresh mozzarella that I had and grated that on top as a garnish. Yum!

penne and meatballs

Here is the recipe card for this recipe:

meatball penne recipe

Cheers!
xo diane
contact: thepantrychallenge[at]gmail[dot]com

0 comments:

Post a Comment