I love the idea of making my own salad dressings. They are quick, easy and always taste better than the bottled kind. Plus its a great way to use ingredients that you are sure to have in your pantry or refrigerator. I also like the fact that you can mostly eliminate the preservatives in your food.

So here's my own recipe that I came up with one evening when I was making an Pepper Crusted Ahi Tuna Steak Salad. I wanted something to compliment the tuna, but add a slightly sweet, hot & sour Asian style flavor to it.

Just simply whisk together the following ingredients. This is really enough for one large dinner salad, so be sure to double it for more servings.

1 TBSP peanut butter
1 scallion (chopped finely - or less to taste)
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 TBSP rice wine vinegar
1/2 tsp chili paste (or less to taste)
1 TBSP honey
1 TBSP soy sauce
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground garlic

Feel free to use this on grilled chicken, tofu, pork, beef or whatever suits you.

Enjoy!

cheers!
xo diane
contact: thepantrychallenge[at]gmail[dot]com

1 comments:

[LaLa] Lauren said...

Sounds great! I usually just do balsamic vinegar, a splash of olive oil, some garlic and sesame seeds. And if I'm feeling adventurous, lime juice.

Post a Comment