I just remembered my sister telling me about these awhile back, so figured that since I had all of the ingredients I would give it a try. Otherwise known as oeufs en cocotte, this delicious treat doesn't take any time to prepare and the results are amazing. You can use anything you have on hand and since they are single servings everyone in the family can enjoy their own.

Here are the ingredients I used for this recipe:
Photobucket

You want to preheat your oven to 375º F. Butter your ramekin dishes then add about a tablespoon of cream or milk.
Photobucket

Next, add whatever type of filling you'd like; sautéed mushrooms, peppers, onions, bacon, sausage etc.
Here I used peppered ham and spring onions:
Photobucket

Then crack an egg into each ramekin. I topped mine with boursin cheese but you can use any type of cheese you like. I recommend to shred it for best results.
Photobucket

You just top it off with a touch more cream & pepper. Since the ham & cheese I used here are both salty I didn't add any extra salt, but you might want to do that now.
Photobucket

Now you are going to place your ramekins in a bain marie or water bath. Fill the water half way up the side of the ramekins.
Photobucket

Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until the egg whites are set & the yolk is still nice and runny. If you like a harder egg feel free to bake it for a longer time. Once they come out of the oven carefully lift them from the water bath & serve.

I enjoyed mine with crunchy toast & a mixed green salad. Enjoy!!!
Photobucket


Please feel free to share your experiences or comments here. Let me know what you think!

xo diane

3 comments:

Walt said...

I just learned about bain marie this week watching the Barefoot Contessa. How timely! I need to try these. They look incredibly easy and delicious.

Diane said...

These are super simple, quite tasty and a great idea for Sunday Brunch.
:)

Malin said...

Looks delicious Diane! I'll definitely try this soon! :-)

Post a Comment